sábado, 7 de junio de 2008

sarita cartonera y la universidad catolica

Photobucket
Photobucket

Yesterday I went to la universidad catolica de peru with my friend maggie. I went to a class about peace culture, the professor gave a lecture about contemporary politics in peru and read from todorov's book Hope and Memory: Lessons from the Twentieth Century

"The idea of 'humanitarian bombs' and 'ethical war' is profoundly shocking. Some wars are just, for example, those undertaken in self-defence against aggression, or to avert the deaths of millions of people. But no war, not even a just war, is merciful. Only a particularly docile public, or one that is keen to preserve its good conscience, can dismiss what the other side calls 'crimes against humanity' (civilian deaths) as 'collateral damage."

Last night I met with Tania Silva at a cafe down the street. We had an excellent talk and I will begin working with Sarita Cartonera today.

This morning, there was a tremor, un temblor, a little earthquake. It woke me up. the sky is blue now- it had been gray since I got here. Vasco told me that they say that the sky stays blue as long as the earth is adjusting, that there will be more (hopefully little) earthquakes.

No hay comentarios: